Director, NGL Analysis
Ponderosa Advisors is a boutique advisory firm for the energy, water and agriculture sectors based in Denver, Colorado. The firm leverages state-of-the art databases and analytical tools to develop specialized, cutting-edge advisory services and investment strategies. The team was assembled from across several industries and each member brings with them a unique skill set and extensive industry knowledge.
We’re looking for an experienced Natural Gas Liquids analyst to join our team with a strong passion for the market and the ability to structure and manage the NGL side our business. This person will: develop and analyze our NGL datasets, originate and execute consulting engagements, and collaborate with the team to identify and develop NGL-related investment strategies.
The ideal candidate combines extensive industry experience with an inquisitive, research-driven analytical approach and the ability organize and effectively present research findings. This position will be responsible, among other things, for production and midstream analysis, so a deep understanding of those aspects of the NGL market will be important. Ponderosa is committed to employing the best available technologies to all parts of our business, so this person must be open to new technologies and analytical approaches. The ability to work effectively on individual projects as well as project teams is imperative; we are looking for someone to join our close-knit team and help to grow the business.
This person will:
- Identify and lead development of NGL related data sets
- Build and present research findings in both formal presentations and white papers
- Speak on behalf of Ponderosa Advisors at conferences, investor meetings, and other industry events
- Originate and cultivate long-term client relationships
- Build and maintain NGL production models for North America
- Develop a high-level global supply and demand model
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS, MS in a related field.
- 5-to-10 years of experience in the NGL market, preferably with exposure to both the commercial and operational/engineering sides of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel. MatLab and financial modeling experience are not required but are valued for this role.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Highly self-motivated, analytical and able to prioritize and deliver projects on time.
To inquire about open positions at Ponderosa, please contact us at